Pages

Tuesday 29 November 2016

Rhinestones, Rhinestones, Rhinestones

Since I didn't know what to do with all the time I had on my first day alone at home in forever, I decided to continue on a craft project. I got the most wonderful made-to-measure underbust corset and skirt made to me by Liisa of Ihmemaassa and I wanted to make some accessories of the left over fabric. I'll do a photoshoot when I have the time (and photographer), but having an outfit is naturally the starting point. Liisa and I chose the fabric so that I could adorn the corset with rhinestones when it was finished, and so I did. I have to say I didn't know how much work it would be, but since I was itching to give my new hot fix tool a go, I can now say that yes, it does work wonderfully.


So I hotfixed about a million rhinestones on the corset and then decided it needs pasties and a little hat go with it. I had seen a rhinestoned skull somewhere on the internet (I'm sorry, I can't find the picture any more!) and wanted to see how that would work. I conveniently had a resin cat skull replica that had yellowed quite badly, so it needed some work anyway. The skull is a bit heavy for a hat, but I'll see how it works and adjust. This hat is quite different from what I usually make, higher and has less feathers and veiling, but I felt the shape of the pasties replicated in the hat might work well.


The pasties are my first try ever, I think I did well! They have a foam layer at their core and are coated in fabric attached with hot glue. I specifically ordered little tassels just for the pasties, as they didn't feel finished when I had added stones.




Now I just have to set up the shoot, but I'm pretty sure it will be awesome with this oufit! Can't wait!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...