Pages

Wednesday 26 August 2015

Buyer Beware! Beautiful.Mess Dreads Review

I've never before had to write a negative review of any service, but it has finally come to this. I've tried my best to resolve the issue with Beautiful Mess Dreads but they are refusing to respond to my messages any more and my posts to the company page keep getting deleted. If you are contemplating making an order, please read of my experiences before you commit, so you can be sure if you want to take the risk.

I ordered a pair of falls from Beautiful Mess Dreads for Amphi Festival. I specified the date when I was leaving for the festival and that I needed the dreads for the event, if it was possible. The seller promised me that they would absolutely make it for the occasion and there was still weeks of time. After some time, I messaged her asking about how the falls were coming along. She assured me that they were being worked on, so I assumed things were fine.

On the week of the festival I was getting worried and asked for a tracking code and about how the dreads were shipped. I finally got a picture of a receipt, whic showed me that not only were the dreads shipped way later than what we discussed, there was no way they could reach me in time with the type of shippings chosen.

Beautiful.mess never notified me of any delays. When I asked about the shipping, she just told me that she can't help if the post office works slow, even when she herself had shipped the falls ten days later than what we agreed, and the shipping she chose had a longer estimate on delivery than what was the date I should have had the falls. She only purchased regular shipping, which could in no case have made it to me in time, even when she was already behind schedule.

I asked for a partial refund because of the delayed shipping and she was immediately very defensive and told me she can at most refund the shipping, which she said was 4 pounds. Well, she had earlier sent me a picture of the receipt and the shipping had cost more. Plus a 4 pounds discount on 90 pound falls that were shipped late with no notification of delay does not sound like a fair deal to me. She did not apologize for the late shipping at all. I opened a Paypal dispute, but they resolved it to her favor.

When I finally had the time to look at the falls in detail, one is longer than the other and the ends are not finished like in all other dreads posted on her page, and the ribbons on the falls are not the same colour (one is pink and one is purple, not even close, she only commented that if I wore the falls "right" the ribbons would not show).

The falls do not look or feel like they should according to all other product pictures, the ends are blunt and not feathered like in the pictures. 90 pound falls should have matching ribbons. I have received no refund and no apology at all (well, she apologized for my country's post not working fast, if you count that...). A simple "I'm sorry" would have gone a long way.

I asked for a return address so I could return the falls. Now I'm unfriended on Facebook and Beautiful Mess flat on refuses to give me one, saying she will not discuss the issue further with me. My post about the issue has mysteriously vanished from the company page.

Just in case something would go wrong with your order, you might want to consider companies that actually care for their customers and respect set schedules. I have ordered dreads and falls many times before for many different companies, and never had problems before. I am very disappointed in the way Beautiful.Mess treats their customers and hope others can avoid having to go through the same ordeal as me.

Key words: Beautiful.Mess, Beautiful Mess, Beautifulmess, Beautiful.Mess Dreads, Beautiful Mess Dreads, Beautifulmess Dreads, dreads, synthetic dreadlocks, dreads and accessories, review, customer experience

14 comments:

  1. Oh jeez, it sucks you had such an issue with that company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was following a blogger who made decent looking dreads/accessories but I forget what the site was... It's a shame this didn't work out for you, I can't understand anybody acting this way when they run a business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a shame to have that sort of experience :( surely it is in their interests to take care of customers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a story! Paypal cheated me out of 10$ and I was mad for weeks, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to lose 90 pounds! Thank you for the warning, I always do my best to patch up misunderstandings with online sellers but I can't stand dishonest people who do absolutely nothing to help a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really shameful .... I am an online seller myself and I honestly can't understand the way they are addressing this ... The only answer is to avoid this company at all cost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's just afwull... I think it's also wrong of Paypal to make her 'win' a case without proper research etc.
    I will never order from them, hope you will be able to find some amazing dreadfalls from a trustworthy seller.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's so awful, could i see an image of the dreads?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend Kerri makes beautiful dreads. You can look her up on Facebook under Black Orchid Designs. She is making me a set of dark red ones to match my hair. Her prices are good and her quality is excellent. I'm not sure how much the shipping would be from Canada though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sucks. :( I'll spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it is good that you did this post and hopefully will keep other people from having the same issues :-/ sorry this happened to you though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, ignoring you and deleting your complaints is really bad service!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to everyone for your support! I'm still trying to solve the issue via my credit card company, so lets hope for the best :) I'll post pictures of the falls later, I just came back from a business trip and traveled for 14+ hours yesterday so the jet lag is killing me ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is very unfortunate, hair falls are expensive! I have had a few bad experiences with companies not shipping things in time for festival outfits which really sucks. If they can't ship things on time, they should just tell you that in the first place and then you could look for something else!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know that this is a very old blog post, but I had a similar experience with her. I placed a custom dread order and was very specific about the color, a couple weeks before she said they’d be ready I asked to see a picture of the color of the hair she’d be using, which turned out to be completely wrong. She then sent some photos and we agreed she would blend two colors together. So I wait until the time they are supposed to be finished to inquire how they’re coming, and it seemed like she hadn’t even started on them. She couldn’t even send me photos of how they looked because I assume she hadn’t even started on them. To make a long story short, she finished about two weeks late, then took an extra week to get to the post office to ship them out, even though I was emailing every few days to see where my order was. It also seemed like during the time she was supposed to be working on mine, she made a set for herself instead and posted it on her IG. To make matters worse when they finally arrived, almost a month late, they were not the correct color and the blending job was hideous. I wore them for less than three weeks and took them out, it’s the worst experience I’ve ever had buying online.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...