Pages

Thursday 26 March 2015

Demon Hunter!

Here's a progress picture of a tired but happy Demon Hunter! My smaller pauldron still doesn't sit like it should, but I'll try to fix that tomorrow or just roll with it. And the bigger one digs to my shoulder but that's life. One of the thigh pieces still needs some adjusting to the straps. Everything else looks good to me and I still have one evening to do emergency repairs!

If you see me at Tampere Kuplii come to say hi, but please come very close, the hood is made of such thick faux leather that I can mostly hear sounds that come from the front side ;P Cosplay sure is tricky!


This baby took 23 days (mostly full working days and weekends with photoshoots and other events), 3 XL sheets of Worbla, a pile of craft foam, 50 x 150 cm of faux leather, an old bedsheet, a red scarf, lots of heat gun work and soldering iron smoothing, black gesso, silver paint and wire from a coat hanger. Modified items and accessories are a pair of brown thigh high boots, a brown leather corset, black wig and two toy guns. This is the first cosplay costume I've ever made and my first time working with Worbla, aside from making a crown and two headbands.

Wish me luck for Saturday's cosplay contest!

14 comments:

  1. That is absolutely amazing! <3 And beautiful! Yay for female armour that actually protects the body!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I found out that basic boob-showing chest armor is easier to make by far than this type, but this one does look cooler ;D

      Delete
  2. Aivan mahtava asu! Todella hienoa työtä! Varmasti sen tekeminen on ollut ärsyttävää ja hermoja kiristävää ajoittain mutta voin vain kuvitella miten kivaa ja tyydyttävää se siitä huolimatta on ollut. Ja lopputuloshan se sitten lopulta on se juttu ja saat syystäkin olla ylpeä aikaansaannoksestasi! Wau! Todellakin on sormet ja varpaat pystyssä sun puolesta ja toivottavasti lauantaina lykästää! Onnea kisaan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Yllättävän kevyesti tää on syntynyt, jouduin tekemään vain yhden osan kokonaan uudestaan ja poltin itteäni kolvilla kynnen alle vain kerran ;P Odotin kamalampaa hommaa, mutta materiaali on tosi anteeksiantavaa, mikä on ihan loistava juttu!

      Delete
  3. Todella upea asu, aivan mahtavat yksityiskohdat! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. No herranjeeti! Tuolla pitäis jo voittaa muutama palkinto, vaikkei edes osallistuis mihinkään:D Kerrassaan tyrmäävä!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Mä oon jo tosi ylpeä siitä että sain tällasen kasaan, kaikki muu on vaan lisäplussaa :) Ehkä voin osallistua tällä muutamaan kisaan niin en joudu vielä edes miettimään missä sen voi säilyttää ;D

      Delete
  5. You look awesome. You did an amazing job. =D I hope you do more! I love seeing the cosplays people make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm new to cosplay, but it seems like my kind of a hobby when I get to work with many different materials and do projects with clear deadlines :)

      Delete
  6. I can imagine you running around in the game, awesome! It would be cool to come and see the costume live but unfortunately I can't this saturday..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Älyttömän hieno asu! Alkaa itelläki sormet syyhya tekemään jotain :D Onnea kisaan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nyt vetää hiljaiseksi, luulin että kuva on jostain sun tekemästä peliprojektista kun ensi kertaa vilkaisin. Phuhhu.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's amazing! You are so talented, good luck in the contest! (though I guess it's over now?)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...