Pages

Tuesday 18 November 2014

Liquorice Lips

I usually prefer matte black lips, because matte lipstick doesn't smudge or bleed and altering lip shape is very easy with a matte product that does not catch light. This time I wanted to give glossy black a try, and the results were surprisingly good!

This is Pretty Zombie Black Cat with a Sephora's own brand black gloss on top. The gloss is most likely oil based, because it melts the matte Black Cat. To keep the colour from feathering I left a little area on the edges of Black Cat without the gloss and it worked very well. The gloss does transfer and leaves marks on glasses etc, just like glosses usually do. But despite the lip prints I really like this look!


There's a hint of the stain left by the lipstick I wore the day before. The black is pure black, there's no pink!


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I was pleasantly surprised with the result!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I have never seen such shiny black lips! Beautiful and deadly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling! I naturally took the chance to kiss a paper and take pictures of the black kiss marks, so I can use them as a signature ;D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...