Pages

Monday 5 May 2014

Still on Prints

After finishing the new version of the skirt print and sleeping on it, I decided to fiddle around with the other prints as well. Look here and here for earlier posts concerning this project! The ornaments looked nice and seemed like a safer choice for screen printing than halftone backgrounds that could get clogged easily when printing.

So after some free vector graphics, drawing on the photos, lots of positioning and trying different patterns, these came out. After checking with Tiina that she was okay with the changes, I made all the other graphics, banners and advertisements and such, and took the time to name the prints.

Prince of the Forest
I chose the name because if elk and moose are the kings of the forest, deer could be princes! I like the small and delicate horns, they have something royal about them.

Cats Will Come
I've been watching True Detective, just finished the first season a few days ago, and the intro song has been playing in my head. It's called Far From Any Road by The Handsome Family. When the female voice joins in, there's a line "the mountains cats will come / to drag away your bones" which haunted me. So part of that became the name for the print with the cat skull.

The print for the skirt also got a name now!
Crowned
At first I thought I'd call the two antler prints with the same name, since they have the same antlers, but it might have caused confusion. So this one is Crowned, to keep with the royalty of the wood theme.

I also tried out how the prints would look on tote bags. In my opinion all of them work, which is great! I especially like bags, since they are easier to combine with outfits than clothing. Some clothes don't fit certain body shapes and people just plain don't like some cuts, but bags are always useful and fit almost any outfit.
Prince of the Forest bag

Crowned bag

Cats Will Come bag

11 comments:

  1. Hassu juttu, mulla on kummitellut päässä tuo sama kohta True Detectiven tunnarista! Oli ainakin mun mielestä ihan älyttömän hyvä sarja, meillä maratoonattiin ensimmäinen kausi läpi yhden illan ja seuraavan aamun aikana :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selvästi hyvä biisi siihen sarjaan kun jää päähän! Mulla oli kauhea ongelma kun satuttiin alottamaan katsominen sellasella viikolla kun mulla oli ihan pirusti opiskeluhommaa ja töitä, ei ehtinyt katsoa kuin yhden jakson kerralla ja olisin tahtonut nähdä kaikki heti ;D

      Delete
  2. Wow...I love the prints... I especially like crowned in the skirt and bag ... you have a lot of talent

    ...:)...
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, what a lovely thing to say! :)

      Delete
  3. I am so absolutely in love with ALL your prints! They're gorgeous!

    x Dawn
    www.wickedlypleasant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so awesome, great work! I can't wait to get a prince of the forest tank :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm also anxious to get a finished piece to try on!

      Delete
  5. When and where can I buy them? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't set a release date because if something goes wrong with printing or the designs need some fixing still, we would have to move the date. But fingers crossed, if nothing goes wrong they should be available in a month at the latest :) They will be sold at least in Rogue's Etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Roguestore

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...