Pages

Monday 6 January 2014

Little Hattie

I've been in a hat making mood lately. This one I made for an upcoming wedding that has a blue/white/grey theme. I spent ages looking for a dress, since my wardrobe doesn't really have any of those colours. When I finally found a nice light grey dress, it was too long, but I bought it anyway and decided to shorten it. So from the leftover fabric I made a hat to match the dress and an ascot tie for my other half so he can just use his black suit and still have a dash of the theme colours.


The hat has a tail of two tones of grey tulle, white fabric flowers (from H&M, they had some flower hair clips for sale so I got a ton of those, the flowers are easy to use for crafts and I can use the clips for hats later on!) and some paper and wire twig-thingies with white berries. I also glued some petals on the twigs to make them look like flower buds, the petals are cut off from the white flowers to get different sized flowers.

I made the base my self, it's white thick felt starched with sugar.


The dress is pretty plain, just light grey organza with a silver fabric underneath, so I felt a simple fascinator would compliment it well. I got more excited about the hat business and finishing the hem of the dress is still a work in progress, but I'll take pictures with the dress and the hat when I'm finished.



7 comments:

  1. Aijai, ei saisi katsella tällaisia hiuksia kun just menin ja värjäsin omat violettini kestovärillä mustaksi... :D

    On muuten tyylikäs pikku hattu. Käytätkö btw tuommoisia fascinator-tyyppisiä hatukkeita ikinä arkena?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiuskriisi on aina lähellä! En oo vielä arkena päätynyt käyttämään hattusia, ne tuntuu niin kovin juhlavilta. Joku ihan pieni malli, enemmän hiusklipsi kuin hattu, voisi kyllä toimia kivasti :)

      Delete
  2. Oh! Amazingly cute hat!

    x Dawn
    www.wickedlypleasant.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hat looks like a modern art sculpture, very cool!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Few years back I was into making fascinators also but they didn't turn out as exquisite as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sure they did! I love shopping for hat decorations, I like mixing and matching stuff and I think I have quite a good eye for colours. And lots of glue ;P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...