Pages

Monday 11 November 2013

Summer Memories

I miss the summer already! It's so dark, it's hard to take nice pictures and it's starting to be pretty cold outside, too. I went through my picture folders and here are a few nice snaps from the summer :)


I was going to a goth club here.

This was taken when my vacation began.

Möttönen looks super fat ;D She's been on a diet for a few weeks now, she likes to eat the other kitties' food too.

This one was taken at Lumous Gothic Festival, that effin' ruff was such a pain to make ;)

The love lock my other half and I put on a bridge.

My make-up for a friends' wedding.
I can't wait for the next summer! Only a little over a month until the days start getting longer, but there's still the cold and snowy winter between me and the spring. I guess I'll start to plan going to the next WGT to forget the sleet and snow that ahead :)

8 comments:

  1. That ruffled collar!!! *.* So pretty! I love those little black gems inside the ruffles! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It took a lot of time, but I'm very pleased with the result! :)

      Delete
  2. I always love your outfits but I really like the one with the maxi skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really like the skirt, it's a shame I can't use it this time of year because it would instantly go soggy outside when dragging in the puddles.

      Delete
  3. oh good that you brought that lumous picture up againg. I wanted to ask how much and how wide fabric did you use. I just made a little example so I could see if i can do it and and don't know how many meters of ribbon I used, but the ruff is only like 10 cm long:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to check, I had a little over three meters long piece of fabric that I cut into two pieces lengthwise, so I ended up with one narrow 6 meter piece and that was enough for the ruff. It does take a hell of a lot of fabric! But luckily you can use almost anything that's a bit stiff. I'd recommend starching the fabric too, I still need to do it to my ruff since it does go floppy in humid conditions. Good luck with the project, I hope you like hand stitching more than I do ;D

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos! When I see them, I really miss summer. I seems to forget how much I freeze every winter. That ruffled collar is absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a talented lady! I can't believe that ruff is handmade! It's gorgeous and you look simply stunning wearing it! My favourite outfit has to be the third one down, there's something so understated but elegant about sheer black shirts!

    I do love winter, but I can't stand the bad lighting! I've been really wanting to take some photos of our newly decorated bedroom but it has been so grey and dismal since it has been finished! Winter for me is all about keeping cosy, reading and gaming! :D By the way, it's Sandy from Arsenic and Old Lace, I've just changed my blog name! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...