Pages

Sunday 6 May 2012

MIYO-cosmetics

I participated in a contest in the blog Tyttö ilman helmikorvakorua and was so lucky that I won an eyeshadow, nailpolish and a lipgloss of my choice from MIYO-cosmetics! It's a new brand that's coming to Seppälä stores in Finland. It's a Polish brand and very cheap, everything costs under five euros.


I got a Nailed it! nailpolish in no 18 Cocktail, Candy gloss in no 08 Crush, and OMG! eyeshadow in no 25 Ash. I wanted something that I didn't already have, so I got a matte grey eyeshadow, (what I thought was) a pastel pink polish and a dark pink lipgloss. It turned out that the colours on the website were not completely accurate, and the nailpolish was actually a really light, bright warm pink and the lipgloss was a lot lighter than I expected.

Nailed it! nailpolish
The colour was a light, really bright warm-toned pink. The polish dried fast and while it was on the thin side, the layers went on nicely and it was opaque and neat after four layers. A nice consistency, worked well for me.

OMG! eyeshadow
The name made me giggle and the container was a bit hard to open (you apparently need to pull the little lip outwards, not push it in), but the colour goes on the skin nicely and the pigmentation is okay. Ash is a cold-ish light grey.

Candy gloss lipgloss
The colour was a lot lighter than what was shown on the website. I'm not a big fan of glosses, they do not last long enough on my lip and my long hair gets stuck on my lips when wearing gloss. The colour is a warm pink with multicoloured shimmer. The product had separated a bit in the tube and I could clearly see how I first got only clear liquid when I squeezed, and only after got some pigment too. I tried to gloss on top of a lipstain and it gave a nice shine. The gloss on its own didn't give my lips much colour.


OMG eyeshadow in Ash

Candy gloss in Crush

Here's a look I did yesterday using the eyeshadow. There's some Sugarpill Tako in the inner corners and on browbones, and a bit of Bulletproof in the crease.



2 comments:

  1. great blog!
    it would be nice if you visit my blog too :))
    ttcybeauty.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...